Why hire a captain
Perhaps you are looking for luxury yacht charter or you are new to chartering and sailing. Hiring a captain is a great introduction to the charter experience as well as a good way to get familiar with a particular vessel. Our list of highly recommended captains are also ASA Instructors so you may even learn something new along the way making hiring a captain a terrific first step in your journey.
Why hire crew
Adding a crew member such as a mate or a mate/chef will elevate your charter making it a truly luxury experience. A conversation with your captain will help you in deciding whether you will need a mate for your charter vacation. If you prefer to not be hands-on with assisting the captain with things like anchoring, mooring, and docking he will recommend a mate be on board for your journey. We even have mates who will perform all the provisioning and cooking duties, so you don’t have to lift a finger!
How it works
- Choose your yacht from our fleet
- Finalize your charter booking. We have a 4 night/ 5 day minimum for all charters.
- We will provide you a list of highly recommended, certified captains to contact and finalize the details of your charter
- Your captain is hired directly by you and fees are paid directly to the captain upon arrival to the vessel.
- We require one separate cabin be set aside for your captain and if you have chosen to hire crew they will share a cabin with the captain.
- They will help plan your itinerary and monitor weather forecasts.
- They are responsible for the safety of all on board.
- You will need to cover their provisioning for the duration.