PRIVACY + DATA POLICY
Florida Yachts Charters respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. If you have questions about our use of your information, please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this document.
Who we are
Florida Yachts Charters (FYC) is a yacht charter company offering sailing yachts, catamarans and powerboats for bareboat cruising and crewed charters. FYC is also an ASA certified sailing school and offers a range of ASA instruction courses. We are based in Key West, Florida.
Basis for processing your personal information
We will only process personal Information where we have a lawful reason for doing so. The lawful basis for processing PII by us will be one of the following:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract you are party to or in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into a contract;
- the processing is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate business interests (including that of the delivery and the promotion of our services);
- the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with our legal obligations; and
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal information for one or more specific purposes*
- *This applies to marketing communications in the Netherlands and Germany.
Information We Collect
What we collect
For the purpose of inquiring about charters and ASA classes, registering for our events, or signing up for our newsletters and/or blogs, our website may collect the following information: your name; appropriate contact information including email address, address; phone number, preferences and interests.
When we collect information
We collect information from you when you register on our site, make a payment, sign-up to receive our newsletter, enter information on our site, or respond to a survey or marketing communication.
What we do with the information collected
Florida Yachts Charters requires this information to understand your needs and to personalize your experience. We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may periodically send promotional emails about products and services or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address or phone number, which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for surveys or market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail if you have given us permission to do so.
For the purpose of paying for charters, security deposits, or events, we work exclusively with third party websites SEDNA and Heartland. Both are fully GDPR and CalOPPA compliant, SQL encrypted and house their servers in SOC 2, Type II audited US date centers.
Controlling your personal information
Florida Yachts Charters will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your expressed permission; are required by law to do so, or to protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you would like a copy of the information held on you or would like to request your details to be forgotten/deleted from our system(s) please write to us at [email protected]
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Florida Yachts Charters is committed to ensuring that your information is secure at all times. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our website is SSL certified.
All personal data is obtained edited and stored on third party website SEDNA and on secure Google cloud drives.
All our financial processing is done through our third party website SEDNA. We will never take financial or credit card information from you.
Our general retention period for documentation created for the purpose of providing services is 1 year. If you require further information, please contact us using the details as set out in the “Data Controller contact information” section below.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Please note that Florida Yachts Charters is not, and cannot, control or be responsible for the content or privacy and confidentiality practices of any third-party websites. You must always carefully review the privacy and confidentiality policy of any third-party website that you may visit to understand how the operators of that website may collect, store and use your Personal Information.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal info, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below
- You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Updates to Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and when this is required by applicable data protection laws.
This Policy was last updated in September 2020. Please check back regularly to keep informed of updates to this Policy.
How to Contact Us
The Florida Yachts Charters data controller contact information: Emily Sipe –[email protected]
6651 Maloney Ave, Unit 1, Key West FL 33040 United States